David Jones created a brandzine to increase customer loyalty and brand awareness
As brands continue to create their own content and produce custom publications, David Jones decided to craft their own title, JONES, to inspire and emotionally connect with their customers.
How they did it
- The publication was created to have an independent voice that informs and inspires customers
- It was sold for $9.95 in select premium news agencies or was available free to David Jones customers as a reward for their loyalty.
- The brandzine is offered in conjunction with an app that enables customers to purchase products associated with content found in the pages, as well as receive weekly updates
- 250,000 copies of JONES circulated per issue
- 140,000 were guaranteed customer home deliveries
- 55,220 articles were viewed online with stories getting almost 400 readers clicking through to the David Jones website to purchase products